- This event has passed.
April 22 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Earth Works: Earth Day Pop-up Market
Join us for an Earth Day celebration at Union Street Market! We’ll have a variety of local vendors selling eco-friendly products, sustainable goods, and up-cycled fashion — plus information and classes, so you can learn tips to help the planet.
While you’re in, take a look at our rehabilitated campus — which has already saved 7,500 tons of material from the landfill!
Earth Works is family-friendly. Come shop, learn, and celebrate our planet!
Schedule of events:
- 10am: Pop-up market opens
- 11am—12pm: Free Electric Works campus tours (register here)
- 12pm—1pm: Fresh Food Preservation Demonstration from Inspired Nutrition by Kelley and Plowshares Cooperative Food Hub — Discover ways to preserve fresh food for your budget and for our environment! (register here)
- 2:30pm—3:30pm: Free Electric Works campus tours (register here)
- 4pm-5pm: Snout to Tail Demo from B+B Meat and Seafood Market — Reduce waste in the kitchen by learning different use cases for all parts of traditional terrestrial animals, including cow, chicken, and hog. (register here)
- 6pm: Pop-up market closes
Pop-up Market Vendors:
ACRES Land Trust
Creekside Meadows Flower Farm
Earth Adventures Unlimited
Grease Cooperative by Fort Wayne City Utilities
Joe Pelka & Pelkaclayart
Junk King Fort Wayne
Late Bloomer Vintage
Pixel & Petal Crafts
Second Nature Thrift
Simple Nature Candles
Dr. Louise Weber with University of Saint Francis